5.05.2014

my finish line hike: this saturday!

As many of you know, I am getting ready to hike the entire Tanawha Trail here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I posted all about why here.

For those of you who want to join me or partner with me for a section, or just celebrate with me at the end.... Below you will find 2 tentative schedules that I am hoping will be pretty accurate.



As of now, the weather forecast is calling for rain at least towards the late afternoon/early evening, so that is the reason for the "2" schedule choices.

If you plan to meet up with us, please message me your phone number so I can text you on Friday to let you know if we're going with Schedule A or Schedule B!

Also, I should point out, that on this schedule when I say that we will be at a "parking area" and give a mile marker.... those are along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We will not be walking down to each parking area! You will need to come up the trail-head to where the Tanawha Trail passes through and wait for us! (usually only about 300 feet or so)

Finish Line Hike Tentative Schedule “A”

8am: Tanawha Trail Entrance @ Price Lake (park near Amphitheater)
11:40-12:00 Lunch – Boone Fork Parking Area mm 300- walk up about 600 feet to the Boone Fork River to meet us for lunch!
2:30 *Rough Ridge Parking Area on our way up to Rough Ridge (mm 302.8)
4:30-4:45 Linn Cove Visitor Center MM 304.4 (potty break!)
6:30 @ Beacon Heights FINISH LINE (mm 305.2) (Take trail from parking area… always fork “right”. Wait for us on the flat rocks! This section of the trail is only about .35 miles)






Finish Line Hike Tentative Schedule “B” 
6:30 am: Tanawha Trail Entrance @ Price Lake (park near Amphitheater)
10:15-10:30 Boone Fork Parking Area mm 300- walk up about 600 feet to the Boone Fork River to meet us for a snack break!
1:00 *Rough Ridge Parking Area on our way up to Rough Ridge (mm 302.8) (Johnny will bring us lunch to bring to the top)
3:15-3:30 Linn Cove Visitor Center MM 304.4 (potty break!)
5:00 @ Beacon Heights FINISH LINE (mm 305.2) (Take trail from parking area… always fork “right”. Wait for us on the flat rocks! This section of the trail is only about .35 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!